ד"ר אוסנת רוט - כהן
Lecturer, Ariel University, 2006-
Lecturer, Bar-Ilan University, 2002-2010, 2012-
Lecturer, Netanya College, 2012-2013
|Ph.D||2012, "The Evolution of the Israeli Advertising Industry" Bar Ilan University, Israe.|
1996-2000 Political Science & Communication Bar Ilan University, Israel.
|Diploma Studies - Unit of Journalism and Communication Studies Internship in Public Relations (Magna Cum Laude).|
1992-1995 Political Science & Communication Bar Ilan University, Israel (Suma Cum Laude).
§ Marketing communication, in particular advertising and PR
§ History and evolution of the Advertising industry in Israel and in other main countries
§ Creative and Marketing communication in New-media
§ Integrated Marketing Communication Theory and practice
Ongoing Research Projects
a. "Divide and Conquer": The Blogger, The Journalist and the Changing PR working Relationships Network and Tactics,
The study explores the blogger's role as a new public relations' channel for transferring information and has three main goals: 1. Examining the shifting of marketing communication budgets from traditional media to the blogosphere; 2. Detecting the blogger's characteristics and patterns of action; 3. Looking into the attitudes of traditional media journalists towards the bloggers' double function as a new journalist and as a source of information. (with Dr. Tamar Lahav)
b. Comparative Analysis of Creative Aspects in Advertising in New Media Versus Traditional Media,
The core question of our research is whether there is any change in the message appeals used in advertising in traditional media, versus that in new media. In other words, this research examines the difference in the creative expression of advertising strategy between traditional media and new media. (with Dorit Zimand Shiner)
c. "Does the PR needs PR"?,
The research focuses on the question does the PR practitioners who influence the media for their clients use the same tools to promote their own business. This question is even more relevant today because the new media arena enables the PR practitioner to fulfill their role as a managerial function that creates and preserves relationships with mutual benefit between an organization and its audiences.
1. "The German influence on the development of the advertising industry in a British territory in Asia: The Case of Palestine in the 1930", "The 1st International Corporate & Marketing Communications in Asia", 18-19 November 2013, Bangkok, Thailand.
2. "The German immigration and its impact on the development of an advertising industry: The Case of the Land of Israel in the 1930', "ECREA CONFERENCE 2013", 6 – 8 November 2013, Barcelona Spain.
3. "The early Buds of Globalization: the German impact on the emerging advertising industry in British territory in the 1930s - The case of the Land of Israel", "International Association for Media and Communication Research", 25 - 29 June 2013, Dublin, Ireland.
4. "The Impact of the European Advertising Industry on the Evolution of the Advertising Industry in the Middle East: The Case of the Land of Israel", "11th Annual International Conference on Communication and Mass Media", 13-16 May 2013, Athens, Greece.
1. "השתנות יחסי הציבור בתחום התיירות בעידן הבלוגוספירה", כנס פורום חוקרי תיירות בישראל,
2. "הבלוגר, העיתונאי והיחצ"ן- יחסי עבודה משתנים בעידן הניו-מדיה", כנס איגוד יועצי יחסי הציבור בישראל. 21-23.2.2014, אילת.
Honors and Grants
1997, 2007, 2008, 2010 – Bar Ilan University
2007 – Ariel University Center
2000- The second authority for Television and Radio
2005 -2009 Adjunct, School of Communication, Sapir College
2006 -2009 Internship coordinator at the Unit of Journalism and Communication Studies, Bar Ilan University
2005-2006 Adjunct, Business Administration Department, The College of Management, Minhal College
2001-2005 Adjunct, Unit of Journalism and Communication Studies, Bar Ilan University
1996-2000 Teaching Assistant, Bar Ilan University
Advertising Essentials, B.A.
Advertising Management and Budgeting, B.A.
Political Satire and Sectarian Advertising, B.A.
The Advertising World – The Real Deal and Sectarian Advertising, B.A.
Marketing Communication Management, B.A.
Other Professional Activities
1999-2004 Account Executive at Re'uveni- Pridan IPG advertising agency (including: direct and continuous contact with clients, managing an office staff, supervising campaigns of major Israeli clients' and overseas corporations, continuous contact with public relations' offices).
1999 Budget Director at Zarmon- Goldman advertising agency (overall planning of campaigns, managing budgets, handling media and production).
1997-1998 Budget Director at Gitam BBDO advertising agency (specializing in the orthodox sector).